Keith Kirkland & Villis Marshall Awards
The Keith Kirkland/Villis Marshall Session at the USANZ ASM is quarantined for presentations by SET Urology Trainees who have undertaken research in either a clinical training position or full time research position.
All abstracts submitted by SET Urology Trainees for presentation at the USANZ ASM are assessed by the Scientific Committee of the ASM to determine whether they are worthy of presentation at the Keith Kirkland/Villis Marshall Session.
To be eligible, Trainees must:
- have been in a clinical training position when the research was undertaken (Keith Kirkland) or have been in a full-time research position when the research was undertaken (Villis Marshall);
- be a Trainee Member of the USANZ;
- be available to present the research at the USANZ Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
Recipients of the Keith Kirkland and Villis Marshall Awards each receive $1000 from USANZ as well as a AUF Travelling Fellowship to the value of $2500 to present their work overseas. We extend our gratitude to the AUF for its generosity with this award.
International Trainee Exchange Programmes
The EAU (European Association of Urology), the UAA (Urological Association of Asia) and the CUA (Canadian Association of Urology) sponsored Trainee Exchange Programme is open to all SET 6 trainees.
- EAU - EUREP, held in Prague in early September 2016.
- UAA - Urology Residents' Course held in Singapore from 18 to 21July 2016.
- CUA - Canadian Residents Programme and the CUA ASM held in Vancouver from 24 June to 28 June 2016.
Click here for application process for International Trainee Exchange Programmes
KARL STORZ IRCAD Grant for Trainees
KARL STORZ offers two SET4 trainees the opportunity to attend the Advanced Course in Urological Surgery (or urological related course) at IRCAD in Taiwan.
The terms of this offer are as follows:
- Each grant is to the value of a maximum of $4000 and covers the cost of flights (economy), accommodation for the duration of the course and registration fees and transfers (airpor to hotel and hotel to IRCAD)
- Other expenses will be the responsibility of the recipients
- KARL STORZ will organise flights, transfers, accomodation and registration
KARL STORZ will organise flights, accommodation and registration. To be eligible to apply, a trainee must:
- be a SET 4 Trainee (at the time of the course), and
- be a financial Trainee Member of USANZ, and
- not have received an overall rating of Borderline or Unsatisfactory or been subject to a period of probation, extension or other disciplinary action at any time during SET training, and
- have adhered to the administrative requirements of the SET program including but not limited to the timely submission of assessment reports.
Click here for further information regarding the application process.