Expressions of Interest: AUA Research Forum
USANZ is seeking Expressions of Interest from Members to represent the Society at the 2021 AUA Research Forum: Early-Career Investigators Showcase on Sunday 12 September, in Las Vegas, USA.
The Early-Career Investigators Showcase features basic, translational, and clinical research from the work of early-career investigators, at the AUA Annual Meeting. Expression of Interest are sought from Members who believe they exemplify the best and brightest early-career investigators and lines of research poised to make an impact in urology.
USANZ can nominate up to three individuals for consideration. In total, five international nominees will be selected to present a poster, and one international nominee will be selected by a peer-review process to give a podium presentation at the Showcase (a virtual/hybrid option may be available due to COVID-19 travel restrictions). The presentations will be judged by senior investigators, and awards will be presented to those judged to be the top three presenters.
- be an AUA member in good standing,
- possess an MD or PhD (or equivalent) degree, and
- be within eight years of completing residency or doctorate. Residents, including chief residents, are eligible.
Nomination & Application Process
Each expression of interest must include the following documents compiled into a single PDF file. The file must be labeled according to the format 'Lastname.FirstInitial_2021Showcase.pdf' (ie. Doe.J_2021Showcase.pdf) and must contain:
- Nominee Contact Information including AUA ID number, email address, daytime phone number and mailing address.
- Nominee Research Project Abstract including the title of the research project (1-page maximum).
- Nominee CV or NIH-Style Biosketch in accordance with current NIH biosketch guidelines (5-page maximum).
- Nominee Personal Statement affirming the candidate's desire and commitment to participate in the Early-Career Investigators Showcase.
Important Dates Relating to the Early-Career Investigators Showcase
- Monday 26 April 2021: Expressions of Interest from nominees due. Please note: expressions of interest must be received via email by 9:00 am AEST.
- Monday 3 May 2021: Successful USANZ nominees notified and their submissions forwarded to AUA.
- Friday 28 May 2021: Selected International Speaker notified and invited
- Monday 16 August 2021: The invited speaker’s presentation slide deck must be submitted to the Office of Research for review and approval
- Sunday 12 September 2021: Early-Career Investigators Showcase event in Las Vegas.
Please note: This is not a travel scholarship and the AUA does not provide any travel funding for this program. The selected poster and podium presenters must cover their own costs for travel and meeting registration fees.
For further information about the AUA Research Forum Early-Career Investigators Showcase please email the USANZ Office.