Submit Content for Publication
USANZ welcomes contributions from Members about interesting stories, experiences, or achievements that can be shared with Members and the public to help promote urology and raise the visibility of our work.
Please familiarise yourself with the Guidelines for Submitting Content for Publication before submitting any content. These guidelines do not apply to requests for publication by external organisations or individuals. These guidelines outline how Members can submit content and provide guidance on how the publication of the content will be managed by USANZ.
USANZ is seeking content about:
- USANZ Sections’ activities and local initiatives,
- Presentations given by Members on urological matters that USANZ may not be aware of,
- Awards or other recognition given to Members,
- Interesting news or links about particularly challenging urological conditions and treatment decisions,
- Historical contributions of past Members to urology,
- Publications of new research on urological matters that may be of interest to Members, and,
- Stories that highlight the work undertaken by Members to advance the USANZ diversity and inclusion priorities.
Tips when Preparing Your Content for Publication
- Word count should be no more than 500 words. 300-500 words is ideal.
- Be informative, educational, or entertaining.
- Do not include the names of hospitals, individuals or other parties where consent is required or where there may be issues relating to copyright ownership in the material.
- Include links to references or where further information is available (if relevant)
- Include details about the intended audience for the content and/or publication channel. Ie UroNews goes to members, or Social Media feeds.
- If the post is intended for Social Media, please include your relevant username /handle, or other identification along with the usernames of any authors or key peopled referenced, so they can be tagged in the post.
- Include relevant #hashtags.
Submitting images along with, or as part of your content is optional, but strongly encouraged. If you are submitting a photo or other image, please ensure:
- The image is of a high enough quality/resolution to be published. (Minimum 400 x 600 pixels at 72pdi for digital publishing and minimum 60mmx 100mm at 300dpi for print publishing)
- The subject matter must be relevant, in focus, and visible within the image.
- The image is captioned, detailing who is in the image and their location within it, the place and location where the image was captured, and a brief description about what is happening in the image.
- That you are the creator of the image or that you have permission to reproduce and distribute the image.